Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Here we go!


I have put out my monkey wrench quilt to signal that we are ready to start on a journey. It would have told slaves to gather their things and be prepared to go.

We are currently gathering things and getting ready also. Our "trip ticket" from AAA is 211 pages long!! We have 8 travel books and that many maps!! Last night I spoke with some wonderful people at B&B's in Harper's Ferry and we are going to be staying at two different places.

Harper's Ferry is the place where John Brown waged his famous revolt to free the slaves. It is said to be the precursor to the Civil War. This year is the 150th anniversary of the raid. We are excited about the great history lesson we are about it learn.

We leave tomorrow at first light and will be spending the night in Harper's Ferry, WV!!

Pray us a safe trip!

3 comments:

  1. looks great, Mom! I really like the red sashing and the blue jewel pieces look good. I'm glad you decided to go with that layout. Also - have fun on the trip! Travel safely and expect comments from me on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super job on your first official signal quilt!! It looks great! Hope you have a great adventure!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt is beautiful, Mrs. Hague! I hope you are having/had fun on your Underground Railroad trip! What an amazing opportunity! :)

    ReplyDelete